Halo my honeymooners! This week we are going all the way to Indonesia specially to the beautiful island of BALI. Cristal clear waters and good weather almost all year round. Perfect destination for a honeymoon! I will have the pleasure of talking to you about a great property located in front of beautiful Indian Ocean. Hope you like this blog!
Quick facts about the country:
- Continent: Asia
- Type of country: President – Constitutional Republic
- Capital City: Jakarta
- Language: Indonesian
- Religion: 87% – Islam
- Currency: Indonesian Rupiah (1 USD$ – 13,290 IDR aprox.)
- Visa required: Most of the countries DON’T (but make sure to check if your passport needs ones)
- Taxes: price quoted have the 10% VAT and GST (make sure to claim it at the airport before you leave the county)
Featured property of the week: The Ritz Carlton Bali
Overall Sparks Honeymoon Property Rating: 10/10
The Ritz Carlton subsidiary of Marriott International (US brand)
- Category: Luxury 5 stars
- Combined suites & private pool villas: 313
- Loyalty Program: Marriott /Ritz Carlton reward/loyalty program (http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/rewards?)
- Located in Sawangan, Nusa Dua, only 30 minutes drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport through Bali Mandara toll road – make sure to book with the concierge desk in advance your shuttle.
Rates: ask for Sparks Honeymoons special rates
Charity Program: Yes! Marriott Charity Program – http://www.marriott.com/corporate-social-responsibility/corporate-responsibility.mi
MUST! you have to book on of the two Sky Villas they have. It comes with a a super king bed (wider than a normal king bed), amazing ocean view, living room area, small kitchen, shared balcony with room and living room and most important of all: swimming pool inside the villa 🙂
6 dining options to choose from. They have Spanish (Breezes Tapas Lounge), Indonesian (Began – recommended!) and Japanese (Raku) as part of their main restaurants and also some international options. Vegetarian and non-gluten options available.
Why we love this property for honeymooners: Because they have a special itinerary only for honeymooners (must of properties don’t, so this one is SUPERB!)
DAY #1: Arrival Day 🙂
03:00 p.m. – Arrive at the hotel
04:00 p.m. – Rest & Relax by the Ritz Carlton Bali infinity pool
05:00 p.m. – Enjoy a sunset walk with a beautiful red sky and a refreshing ocean breeze
06:30 p.m. – Cocktails by the beach
07:00 p.m. – Romantic dinner at the beachfront gazebo accompanied by a natural rhythm of the lapping waves and breathtaking view of the ocean.
DAY #2: Cultural Exploration Day:
SOUL PURIFICATION RITUAL:
Derived from the Balinese word meaning “to purify”, ‘(Lukat) or Melukat’ is a time-honored soul cleansing tradition of the Hindu-Balinese culture. This one-of-a-kind spiritual experience allows you to be part of an important Balinese custom while embarking on a spiritual journey of self-discovery and enrichment. A Balinese Hindu Priest will lead the entire ritual.
BREAKFAST AT SENSES:
Enjoy a wide range of breakfast menu, ranging from continental, Indonesian, Chinese, Japanese or special diets. We suggest our breakfast Gazebo for a perfect Balinese start of the day.
SARONG CONCIERGE TOUR:
Bali has so many different sarongs which are part of its traditional costumes. Sarongs are used by Balinese on a religious ceremony or special event. To introduce you to different kinds of sarongs and show the making process, our Sarong Concierge will take you on a half day tour to learn about sarong etiquette, visiting Balinese Hindu temples and explore Bali’s famous textile world.
Sunset cocktails at Bejana Terrace
RIJSTAFFEL DINNER AT BEJANA:
Bejana features a variety of indoor and outdoor settings offering dramatic views of the resort’s landscape and the Indian Ocean. Originating from “rice table” a family style dinner during Dutch colonial era, the Rijsta el menu presents renowned cuisines from different area in the Indonesian archipelago.
DAY #3: Wellness Day:
Make the most of your time here in Bali with our fabulous Sunrise Yoga class! While it is a great fun, it is also recognized therapeutic method of helping you to achieve greater exibility, agility and core strength, while enjoying the warm morning sunshine and ocean breeze by the beach.
IN ROOM CHAMPAGNE BREAKFAST:
Let us set the luxurious breakfast on your terrace. Savour chef’s special crafted menu and toast for a great start of the day.
HYDRO-VITAL POOL RELAXATION:
Dip in our Hydro-Vitale Pool to relax your muscles and ease your mind prior to an indulging treatment at The Ritz-Carlton Spa.
ESCAPE TO ROMANCE:
Experience 2 hours of romantic spa indulgence and discover a world of relaxation and togetherness in our Spa Villas. Your journey begins with a foot wash ritual, followed by a relaxing full body massage and body exfoliation using a blend of pearl extract, safflower oil and a nourishing antioxidant to restore health and glowing radiance to your skin. The pampering continues with a glass of Champagne and Balinese chocolates while you relax together in a Luster Pearl Aromatic bath. (http://www.ritzcarlton.com/content/dam/the-ritz-carlton/hotels/asia-pacific/indonesia/bali/pdf/The_Ritz-Carlton_Bali_Spa_Brochure_2015_Final.pdf)
AFTERNOON TEA AT THE RITZ-CARLTON LOUNGE & BAR:
From an open, airy lobby, enjoy afternoon tea and light bites, featuring premium tea collections from the region, complemented by gorgeous view of the resort’s landscape.
JAPANESE DINNER AT RAKU:
Taste fresh delicious sushi or sashimi specially prepared by our talented chefs, accompanied with your choice of hot or cold sake.
DAY #4: Departure Day 🙁
Breakfast at Senses
PERFUME MAKING CLASS:
Experience an extraordinary journey of discovering Indonesia and Bali through scent with L’Atelier. Join the Perfume Making Workshops where you will take home a 30ml bottle of your own customized and personal perfume.
- Of course it’s your honeymoon. Please let the property in advance so they treat you as you deserve. Also they will make sure they put your special Ritz Carlton Honeymoon Welcome Amenity in your turndown service the first night.
- Best months to visit: GREAT NEWS! all year round 🙂
- Only 20 minutes aways form the airport. At arrival and departure book a TAXI – METER, these taxis are usually less expensive than hotel shuttles.
What to do in BALI:
- Bali is a small island that combines everything. Great charming Balinese people, culture, art and most important nature. A lot of outdoors activities can be performed and chances are you will have good weather all year round. Here some additional activities:
- Outdoor activities including: surfing, scuba diving (world class perfection!), white water rafting, kayaking, bicycle tours, hiking through the mountains, trekking, water skiing, among others.
- Make sure to get into Bali town and witness a music and dance balinese performance taking place throughout the day and into the night.
- Make sure to visit the Tanah Lot Temple & Besakih Temple and the Ubud Monkey Forest – https://www.monkeyforestubud.com
For more information please contact Sparks Events, we will be super happy to plan your dream honeymoon:
e. email@example.com / p. +502 2221-7154 (we are based in Guatemala City)