Sawasdee (hello in Thai language) my honeymooners! My trip to Thailand ended a week ago more less and it was truly amazing. Hope you like this week’s property 🙂
Quick facts about the country:
- Continent: Asia
- Type of country: Kingdom
- Capital City: Bangkok
- Language: Thai
- Religion: 93% – Buddhism
- Currency: Thai Baht (1USD$ – 33THB aprox.)
- Visa required: YES (most of the countries do)
- Taxes: price quoted PLUS service charge (10%), tax (7%) and provincial tax (2%)
Featured property of the week: W Retreat Koh Samui
Overall Sparks Honeymoon Property Rating: 10/10
W Hotels part of the Marriott International Group previously Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (US brand)
Not even a hotel but a RETREAT (perfect for honeymooners)
Category: Luxury boutique retreat (in fact I consider it more than 5 stars rating)
No rooms only FABULOUS villas: 74
Located on north shore’s Maenam Beach in front of the Gulf of Thailand only 20 minutes away from Koh Samui international airport (USM) and 1 hour flight away from Bangkok (BKK – Thailand’s capital city)
Rates: ask for Sparks Honeymoons special rates
Charity Program: Unicef’s Check Out for Children – donation of USD$ 1.00 at check out.
Book the villa I stayed in: king bed tropical oasis villa with private pool. It comes with anything you need and more: outdoor shower, private swimming pool, extra comfortable W king bed & complimentary apples, afternoon popcorns, coffee, tea & 4 bottles of water daily. What else do you need?
If you would like to spend a bit more I do recommend you book a more luxurious room that would be the same villa I stayed in adding the sea view.
7 dining options to choose from. From snacks to fine dining restaurants (Japanese, international & grill) and of course the in-room menu and private candlelight dinners by the beach (Whatever Whenever Service can gladly arrange that for you). Vegetarian and non-gluten options available. The food is AMAZING!
Why we love this property for honeymooners:
(Because we are madly in love with W hotels)
- Breathing taking views of the Gulf of Thailand
- Semi private beach at one of Koh Samui’s most beautiful beaches (Maenam Beach)
- Super friendly staff
- Sweet Points throughout the property – complimentary ice cream and soft beverages 24/7
- W amenities such as:
- W honeymoon welcome package – bedroom decorations and sweets
- SWING & FIT: for the couples who always like to stay healthy even in their honeymoon (tennis court and fitness center available)
- WET swimming pool – amazing view. WOW!
- WHATEVER WHENEVER service (the W’s policy: whatever whenever as long as it’s legal – they will do whatever it takes to make sure your dream comes true)
- AWAY spa – from a relaxing massage to facial and body treatments
- W beach – white sandy beach… pure perfection!
- Best months to visit: January – April / July – September
- At arrival and departure book a TAXI – METER, these taxis are usually less expensive than hotel shuttles.
- Make sure to give your SPG number at check in to enjoy benefits such as discounts in food and beverages, spa, free Internet access and room upgrades. If you are NOT part of Starwood’s loyalty program make sure to sign up IT’S FREE!
- Make sure to visit the W store inside the AWAY spa to get personalize W Koh Samui amenities such as flip flops, beach bags, towels, BLISS shower and beauty products and the famous W bathrobe.
- For the sleeping beauties: breakfast serves until 11:00 from Monday to Friday and weekends until 04:00 p.m
- W Beach tips:
- If you spend the day at the beach is very likely you will receive complimentary fruits and sangrias 😊
- They have sunbeds, sofas, beds, sunchairs and hammocks
- Shopping comes to you: local vendors ready to offer massages, hena tatoos and amazing thai textiles
- They even provide water shoes so you don’t hurt your feet while going for a swim
- Make sure to bring your mosquito repellant
What to do in Koh Samui:
- Make sure to go to the fullmoon party in Koh Phangan (island next to Koh Samui). The party has been going on since 1989 and they have one almost every month. The Whatever Whenever team can book your ride and entrance ticket.
- Diving – during my visit in May 2017 I was lucky enough to see 2 whale shark babies, the visibility was great and I dived with PADI’s Calypso Diving Shop (https://www.calypso-diving.com)
- Angthong National Marine Park – great for snorkeling and hiking
- Visit the 12 meter high golden Big Buddha in the northern coast of Koh Samui – it’s really impressive and very religious
For more information please contact Sparks Events, we will be super happy to plan your dream honeymoon:
e. firstname.lastname@example.org / p. +502 2221-7154 (we are based in Guatemala City)